Looking for a Mediterranean twist in a salad, add some chorizo and rosemary and lemon dressing, you will love it.
Salanova® is a very special kind of lettuce. Its preparation is easy because the concept has a basic principle of 'one cut, wash and ready'. This also maximizes the usable leaves of the lettuce, so Salanova is a sustainable choice! Did you know that the Living Salanova is grown in hydroponics, which is a very environmental friendly way of agriculture? On top of that, the green and red colouring of the leaves are a lust for the eye. What else do you want?
- Use a Salanova corer or knife to cut half of the Salanova Butterhead.
- Wash the leaves and place in a nice bowl (or salad plate). Finely dice the chorizo.
- Cut the pepper into long strips and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Scatter these over the lettuce.
- For the dressing mix all ingredients and drizzle on top.
- Top off with the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with slices of seasoned baguette.
Salad Royale or Salanova lettuce is available at Village Grocer and Ben's Indepent Grocer.