Salads don't need to take a long time to prepare. A fresh tomato salad with spring onions and tasty Italian herbs can be whipped up in 5 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, whisk the Italian seasoning with the olive oil and vinegar until it has a creamy consistency.
- Cut the cocktail tomatoes into quarters and gently mix with the salad dressing.
- Thinly slice the spring onions.
- Just before serving, combine the spring onions and rucola with the tomatoes and dressing.
Tips from the author
- Substitute the spring onions for fresh basil leaves.
- Add approximately 100g of croutons for an authentic Tuscan 'bread salad' (panzanella).
- Add 2 - 3 tablespoons of (lightly roasted) pine nuts.
- Replace the rucola with tender lettuce or lamb's lettuce.