This tasty salad is inspired by the traditional chicken tikka masala, a dish of roasted chunks of chicken (chicken tikka) in a spicy orange-coloured sauce.
- Cut chicken in small chunks, add curry paste and marinate in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Cut spring onions and red peppers in small rings.
- Heat the oil in a big pan, add cumin, spring onions and red pepper and wait until the spices are aromatic (3 minutes). Add the chicken, fry for 15 minutes and stir occasionally. Get the pan of the heat and add lentils and a big tablespoon of red wine vinegar. Mix well and set apart.
- Mix cilantro with lemon juice, yoghurt, cashew nuts and chutney in a blender untill it en de mangochutney in de blender en pureer tot een glad mengsel.
- Divide the cucumber and carrot ribbons on the plate. Add the lentil and chicken mix, the dressing and put crumbled feta and cilantro on top.