Bunching carrots are long slender carrots, sold in a bunch with the green tops. They have a light, sweet taste. They can be combined very well with other spring vegetables such as sugar snap peas and green peas.
How to prepare
Wash the carrots before use and remove the top and bottom parts.
Preparation time for carrots
- Cooked: approx. 10 minutes
- Sautéed: 6 - 8 minutes
- Microwave: 4 - 5 minutes
- Grilled: 10 - 13 minutes
- Steamed: 17 - 19 minutes
Buyer's and storage guide
Carrots should be undamaged, dry and have a bright colour with fresh green tops.
If you don't remove the green leafy tops the carrots can be stored in the refrigerator for about four days. Carrots without the green tops can be kept up to two weeks.
- In a salad with oranges, raisins and grated coconut
- Thinly sliced in vegetable and tomato soup
- Fried with various vegetables such as onions and cabbage
- Grated and added to raw vegetable salads
- With a healthy dipping sauce (or just alone) carrots are a perfect healthy and easy snacking vegetable served with celery