This dish contains special tomatoes with a deep-red internal colour that stand out beautifully from a dish, especially from this classic white soup called Ajo Blanco. This is a Spanish soup mainly made from almonds. When you eat this soup for lunch on a Saturday or Sunday, your weekend just keeps getting better and better.
Preparation Ajo Blanco
- Toast the almonds in a dry pan until they start to brown. Allow to cool. Keep a few almonds aside for garnishing.
- Soak the bread in cold water.
- Place the remaining almonds in the food processor. Squeeze the break and roughly tear it in the blender.
- Add a little water and blend for 1 minute. Add the water a little at a time while the food processor is running.
- Then add the garlic, cucumber, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Blend until smooth. Strain the mixture if necessary.
Preparation tomato salad and dressing
- Wash and dry the tomatoes and cut them into wedges.
- Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- For the dressing, whisk the sherry vinegar into the olive oil and add the other ingredients.
- Marinate the tomatoes with the dressing.
- Spoon a layer of Ajo Blanco into a deep bowl. Spoon the tomatoes into the middle and garnish with the almonds and the remaining ingredients.