Looking for inspiration? Our tomato tart recipe is just the answer!
Truss tomatoes are full flavoured tomatoes perfect for home cooking and adding to salads and sandwiches. Vine-ripened for maximum taste, these glossy red tomatoes are packed full of nutrients and antioxidants.
- Combine the minced garlic, finely chopped basil, and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice zucchini into 1/8 inch slices and tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Place on a layer of paper towels to soak up any excess moisture. Set aside.
- Press pastry into large tart tin and brush lightly with basil-garlic oil and sprinkle on all of the parmesan cheese.
- Starting on the outside edge, layer the zucchini and tomato slices alternately in a circular pattern - be sure to tightly layer them against each other as they will shrink once baked. Continue until the entire tart shell is filled.
- Brush vegetables generously with with basil-garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until the tomatoes and zucchini are soft and lightly caramelised.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta and fresh basil. Serve warm or at room temperature.