There are two secret ingredients in this tabbouleh salad recipe: fine bulgar and fresh herbs. It's so refreshing with the pomegranate and lettuce leaves.
1. Put the bulgar wheat into a bowl, pour the boiling water over it, stir and leave for 15-20 minutes until the grain is tender.
2. Cut the cucumbers and tomatoes (discard the seeds) into tiny cubes. Prepare the dressing by mixing lemon juice, olive oil and crushed garlic.
3. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, dressing and all the fresh herbs to the bulgar and mix well.
4. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Now your tabbouleh is finished, you can add them to the lettuce leaves.
Tips from the author
This tabbouleh salad can be served for lunch, as a starter or side dish.