Using cauliflower rice instead of regular rice is a good way to reduce your carbohydrate intake. This sweet-and-sour salad is a tasty treat at any time of the year, and it can even hold its own as part of a festive dinner, with grilled pumpkin, slivered almonds and pomegranate seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the pumkin in small chunks, chop the onion and mix both with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cover a baking tray with a baking sheet and grill the pumkin and onion for 30 minutes.
- If using a food processor, cut cauliflower into small pieces and use the grater attachment to grate the cauliflower into rice.
- Mix the pumpkin, onion, parsley, apricots and dried tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Next add the cauliflower rice, pomegranate seeds, lime juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and bring to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the toasted almonds.