You probably know sweet waffles. But hearty waffles are even better and serve as a great platter for your salad. A great starter or lunch for a festive moment.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Add margarine pieces and knead everything with an electric whisk or your hands until crumbly in texture.
- Slowly pour in 3-4 tablespoons of ice-cold water until the crumbles stick together. Knead everything with your hands, form the dough into a ball, press it flat and wrap it in foil.
- Let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice and mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach, smoked salmon, onion, cucumber and avocado to the bowl and toss well.
- Preheat the waffle iron and grease it. Seperate the cooled dough in the amount of portions you need.
- Form each portion into a ball, flatten it and place three in the waffle maker at once. Bake each portion for 2-4 minutes, then take the waffles out and let them cool.
- Transfer the salad to the waffles and serve with some chopped parsley and chives.