Tender vegetables, a light tomato sauce and a sticky cheesy topping makes this vegetable lasagne recipe one of our favourites. The lasagne is full of flavour, but not at all heavy and it doesn’t require too much time to prepare.
• Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
• Lightly oil a baking dish.
• Heat olive oil in a wide skillet and add onion and fry, stirring occasionally until translucent; 3 to 5 minutes.Add garlic and vegetables and fry. Stirring occasionally until softened but still crunchy for about 5 to 8 minutes.
• Stir in the tomatoes. Bring to a low simmer and cook until the liquid has thickened and reduced by half; 5 to 8 minutes. Add the basil, dried oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce in the bottom of the baking dish
• Make a layer of cooked lasagne sheets
• Spread an even layer of the ricotta
• Repeat those layers two times
• Top it with a final layer of sheets, sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese
• Bake the lasagne in the oven for 30-40 minutes
• Let it rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Tips from the author
This vegetable lasagne is even better the next day. Score for make-ahead meals!