Having an easy vegan curry recipe in your repertoire is always worthwhile, certainly when it’s a curry full of vegetables like this one. Aubergine, mushrooms, tomatoes, pumpkin and spinach jockey for position in this vegan curry. It’s a fantastically easy way of making sure you get your daily portion of vegetables and you don’t even have to work hard to make it! This curry is easy-peasy to make!
Garnish the curry with fried slivered almonds to give the whole thing a lovely crunch and a creamy touch. And talking of creamy: the coconut cream plays its part too. What more could you wish for?
- Boil the rice according to the instructions on the pack.
- Chop the onion and chop or crush the garlic finely. Grate the ginger. Quarter the aubergine and then chop into pieces. Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan or sauté pan over a medium heat. Gently fry the onion, garlic and ginger until the onion is translucent.
- In the meantime, heat some more oil in another large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the mushrooms and the aubergine until brown. Give them plenty of time.
- Add the curry spices to the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes. Fill the tin half-full of water and tip it into the pan. Add the diced pumpkin, bring to the boil and turn the heat down low. Cover the pan with a lid and cook the diced pumpkin for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Heat the margarine in a small frying pan and fry the slivered almonds until brown and crunchy. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the spinach, a handful at a time, to the pan containing the pumpkin. Allow the leaves to wilt before adding the next handful. Stir well.
- Add the aubergine and mushrooms to the pumpkin mixture and the stir in the coconut cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the vegan vegetable curry with the rice and garnish with the crunchy slivered almonds.
Pin the image below to save this recipe to one of your Pinterest boards: