Vegetable spaghetti is a cute and original idea to prepare light and fresh meals and above all, a good way to serve eat vegetables for children. There are several variations, my favourite is zucchini spagetti, which are very versatile and easliy combined with a multitude of ingredients. In our recipe we present the 'cooked' version (they can delicious served raw), served with with capsicums, hazelnuts and smoked trout ... a terrific mix of flavours to share and enjoy.
- Wash the zucchini and cut into noodles with a vegetable peeler or spiralizer.
- Wash the capsicums, remove the seeds and cut into small cubes.
- Slice the smoked trout into cubes.
- In a frying pan heat a little oil. When the oil is hot, add the capsicum and cook for about ten minutes on low flame. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil for 4 minutes the zucchini spaghetti in boiling salted water or eat them raw, what you prefer.
- While spagehtti is cooking, place the smoked trout and capsicum and combine with the chopped fennel.
- Coarsely chop or crush the hazelnuts.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the sauce. Quickly roast the hazelnuts for about 30 seconds on a flat pan. Remove from the heat, add the hazelnuts and serve.