This quick and easy salad will be the draw card at your next backyard cookout or picnic in the park. It looks stunning and it's built with a medley of striking colours. You'll want to make this again and again.
Looking for healthy, no-mayo coleslaw? This recipe has you covered.
This coleslaw has been custom designed for beauty. Inspired by the poke bowl craze sweeping through Australia—it’s a head-turning salad that contains a variety of colours, textures and unique flavour.
This slaw recipe is more than a side. It can stand alone as a feature salad for picnics, a backyard barbecue with friends or shared at the worktable. You can (and should) use this recipe to lift the wow factor on your sandwiches and burgers. Plus it’s a lot of fun to make.
Forget the standard coleslaw you once knew and try this method instead. Have fun building this healthy, no-mayo coleslaw and wowing your guests with style.
Which unique ingredient will you add to your bowl?
- In a large serving bowl, add baby spinach leaves to create a base
- Top with cabbage, carrot, red capsicum, radish, mango and corn, segmented by colour for a layered effect.
- Finish with diced avocado and fresh herbs.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad.
- When ready to eat, mix all ingredients together and serve.
Tips from the author
To grill the corn, place cob on a medium-high grill, turning every couple of minutes until it's cooked evenly. The cob will be slightly charcoaled all over.