An exotic salad with coconut dressing. Nice tender Salanova leaves, topped with fruity mango, green beans, fresh cucumber with a dressing of coconut, garlic, ginger and honey. This salad is oh so gorgeous and will certainly wow your friends and family!
- Mix the garlic, sambal, ginger and honey in a mortar or blender. Then mix in the ground coconut and coconut milk.
- Cook the green beans al dente and let cool.
- Cut the cucumber into half-moon slices and the mango into cubes.
- Divide the lettuce leaves over the plates and add the vegetables and mango.
- Finish with the coconut dressing.
Tips from the author
The beautiful Salanova butter lettuce is available at Pick 'n Pay stores in South-Africa.