I fancied a seasonal summer salad, very fresh and healthy so I bought a Piel de Sapo melon from the supermarket. I also bought some sweet quince jelly and a mixture of re and green coral (lollo) lettuce. At home I had some walnuts so I decided to make a simple balsamic vinaigrette dressing with honey and nuts.
This is an original salad with a sweet and sour touch, ideal for a meal or for a very rich and healthy dinner.
1. Wash the lettuce leaves and spin or pat dry them well
2. Using a melon baller, create about 6 or 8 balls from the melon
3. Also make some balls from the quince jelly
4. Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Modena balsamic vinegar, a little honey, a pinch of salt and three crushed walnuts. Stir (or shake) well to emulsify
5. Mix all ingredients together and add the dressing when serving