Why use tomato sauce from a jar when you can create a fresh and easy tomato pasta topping in minutes? ‘À la minute’ means a dish that is prepared very quickly and served immediately, and with only a few steps of mixing two ingredients for a dressing, slicing up some tasty tomatoes and boiling your pasta - what could be easier than a classic tomato pasta for a midweek meal? It’s the perfect recipe to use as a fall back when you're short on time and still want to get a serve of vegetables into a meal.
- In a bowl, mix the Italian seasoning with olive oil.
- Cut the cocktail tomatoes into small pieces and add to the seasoned oil with half of the grated cheese.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the spaghetti ‘al dente’.
- Drain the spaghetti, rinse in cold water and immediately combine with the cold tomato mixture.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the pasta and top with basil.
Tips from the author
- For an extra dose of vegetables, add 100g of raw zucchini and/or red capsicum. Slice both vegetables into thin strips.
- Replace the grated cheese with little cubes of feta.