Are you looking for a mouth-watering vegetarian pasta? Then this vegetarian pasta recipe is just the thing for you. The sauce is made from fresh tomatoes and aubergine and is given a deliciously creamy character due to the velvety ricotta. Top it off with toasted pine nuts and fresh basil leaves. I’m betting you won't miss the meat in this recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 185 degrees. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the aubergine, cherry tomatoes, garlic, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, chili flakes, and oregano in a large bowl. Spread the mixture over the baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for about 35 minutes until everything is soft and the aubergine is golden brown.
- In the meantime, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta al dente/boil for 7 minutes. Drain the pasta but reserve about 250 ml of the cooking water.
- Put the roasted aubergine and tomatoes in a food processor or blender. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil to bind the sauce. Blend until a silky cream has formed.
- Return the pasta to the pan, pour over the sauce and a splash of the cooking water.
- Stir the sauce through the pasta and heat on a medium heat for 2 minutes. If necessary, add some more cooking water to loosen the sauce.
- Serve the pasta in a deep dish. Garnish with the basil, pine nuts, ricotta, and Parmesan cheese.
Pin the image below to save this recipe to one of your Pinterest boards: