Who isn’t a fan of wraps? Making them with an omelette is healthy and nutritious. These spinach omelette rolls are made from spinach covered with a layer of seasoned cream cheese and filled with smoked salmon. Not only a tasty lunch, but also perfect to serve as a delicious savoury snack at a party or brunch. Doesn't it look festive?
Would you prefer a vegetarian variation? Omit the salmon and just spread the omelette with the seasoned cream cheese.
You can serve these omelette rolls lukewarm or cold.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the spinach until just wilted. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with a dash of milk until the egg mixture is completely yellow and foaming. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the drained spinach and squeeze out any remaining moisture. Add the chives and spinach to the egg mixture.
- Heat olive oil again in the pan and fry the omelette on both sides until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the fresh cream cheese with the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the omelette on a large plate and spread with the cream cheese, top with the smoked salmon and roll up before cutting into small rolls.