Start of your day with a delicious and nutritious breakfast. This salad sandwich is one of my favourite, the right ingredients, like hummus, avocado and spinach, they pair great together and they are a good basis for the rest of the day. Check the tips below if you lack time in the morning.
- Grill or toast the slices of bread with a little olive oil.
- Roast the pine nuts until they start to colour. Boil the egg for 8- 10 minutes.
- Spread hummus on 2 slices of bread and sprinkle some pine nuts on top.
- Spread the avocado on the other 2 slices and put some slices of boiled egg on top.
- Layer the slices like a club sandwich and add some baby spinach leaves in between.
Tips from the author
Do you have little time to prepare your sandwich? Skip the roasting of the bread and skip the pine nuts. Boil the egg in advance, so you are ready to start layering your sandwich in the morning.
This sandwich is even better when you add homemade hummus. It stays fresh for days in the fridge.