Try something a bit different for breakfast. Stewed rhubarb with strawberries and mint serves a great breakfast combined with yoghurt. The sweetness of the strawberries combined with the tartness of the rhubarb is a match made in heaven. And, it's easy to prepare!
- Cut the rhubarb into 1-inch pieces and cut the strawberries in half and put them together in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup water.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then decrease the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When the rhubarb starts to soften, after 5 minutes add the van after about 10 minutes. Meanwhile break up large pieces of rhubarb with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to simmer, covered, until the rhubarb and the strawberries are completely softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the honey and vanilla extract. Let cool.
- To serve, put 1/2 cup of yogurt in each bowl and top with a few tablespoons of the rhubarb compote. Put the mint o top.