Can you smell the scent of spring in the air? This sandwich is the right solution for your spring weekend, perfect for a picnic. Mozzarella and crispy Salanova® lettuce pair very nice with the flavour of the homemade garlic tapenade with olives and anchovies.
- Chop and crush the garlic until it becomes a paste. Cut the anchovies in little pieces and the olives in halves.
- Put together in a bowl and season with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- In another bowl, season the halved cherry tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest and pepper.
- Melt the butter in the pan and toast the slices of bread.
- Spread the tapenade on the sandwiches and finish with some lettuce leaves, sliced mozzarella and the cherry tomatoes.