This Greek quinoa or couscous salad is such a tasty dish. It combines the classic ingredients of the Mediterranean like fresh herbs, tomatoes, cucumbers and lemon. This salad is ready in 15 minutes and it's a perfect salad to bring to work the next day. Try these tasty additions: crumbled feta or grilled chicken.
- Prepare the quinoa, or couscous, according to instructions, adding a cube of chicken stock for extra flavour. Leave to cool.
- Dice the cucumber and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Cut the spring onions into fine rings.
- Finely chop the fresh herbs. Zest the lemon.
- Mix the quinoa, or couscous, with the cucumber, tomato, spring onion, fresh herbs, and lemon zest.
- Squeeze half the lemon, mix with the olive oil, and add the crushed garlic (choose a small clove so that the garlic doesn’t dominate).
- Mix the dressing through the salad.
Serve the salad on a bed of fresh spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper.