Looking for a festive healthy snack? Try these stuffed tomatoes with avocado cream. Did you know there is a scientific reason that we tend to like the combination of avocado with tomato? This is called food synergy, which means that some foods help to absorb the nutritional benefits of other foods.
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which gives the tomato its red colour and is an antioxidant as well. Combining it with a healthy type of fat like avocado, makes it easier for the body to absorb the lycopene.
- Wash cherry tomatoes, cut the top and spoon out the seeds, being careful not to break them.
- To make them stable and prevent them from falling, also cut a small part of the bottom.
- In a blender, combine the previously peeled avocado with the lime juice. Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a piping bag with a striped nozzle and stuff the tomatoes (this step should be done just before serving to prevent the cream from blackening).
- Sprinkle with mixed flax and poppy seeds.