As far as we are concerned, celery is a grossly underestimated vegetable. There's so much more to it than just serving it with dip. Have you ever thought about using it in a soup? It is so easy and healthy!
For this celery soup, we combined the celery with courgette (zucchini), peas, and white beans. Not only do these make the soup even more nutritious and delicious, but they also thicken it. This celery soup with courgette and chilli oil is perfect if you like a thick and healthy soup!
- Finely chop or crush the garlic cloves. Chop the onion. Remove the skin from the ginger and grate the ginger finely. With a cheese slicer or peeler, remove the thickest veins from the celery and cut the stems into pieces. Roughly chop the zucchini and drain the beans.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent. Add the fennel seeds and fry for 2 minutes. Next add the celery and zucchini and fry for a few minutes more.
- Then add the broth, the peas, and the mint sprig leaves. Bring to a boil before reducing the heat to low. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until the celery is soft.
- Use a hand blender to mix the vegetables into a creamy soup. Add the coconut milk last and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, pour the soup into bowls and garnish with chilli oil and (black) sesame seeds.
- There you go, it’s time to savor your celery soup with courgette and chili oil.