Do you know Buddha Bowls? A Buddha Bowl is a bowl packed with a mix of healthy ingredients. It's important to have a balanced mix of the four building blocks: vitamins, proteins, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates. The whole thing is arranged beautifully so that it not only looks great, but also tastes great!
In this Buddha Bowl, the basic rice is combined with lots of colourful spring vegetables and a herb-yoghurt dressing.
- Wash the rice and cook for 20 minutes in double the amount of water with a dash of oil and a pinch of salt.
- Wash and spin the lettuce hearts and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Blanch the frozen peas in hot water for 3 min.
- Peel the kohlrabi and cut into fine strips.
- Roast the sunflower seeds in a fat-free pan. Mix with the kohlrabi strips, 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp cider vinegar.
- Wash and quarter the radishes.
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin sticks.
- Chop the herbs and mix them with the yoghurt, lemon juice, honey and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the cut vegetables in a Buddha Bowl and serve with the dressing.
- Garnish with cress.