Try this salad for breakfast or as a quick energy boost before sport or a workout. The brown rice and lentils will help prevent you reaching for an unhealthy snack later in the day. You can prepare this salad in an instant and any leftovers can be used for a delicious lunch the next day.
- Halve the beetroots and apples and slice thinly. Slice the spring onions
- Lightly pan fry the beetroots, apples and spring onions on a low heat with a little olive oil
- Combine the cooked rice and lentil mix with the beetroot mixture in a serving bowl
- Top the salad with the feta, cut into small cubes
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour evenly over the salad
- To finish, serve with a few leaves of rocket on each plate and sprinkle over a handful of walnuts
Tips from the author
Use the image above as a guide to plating up. As an alternative suggestion, you may choose to serve the rice and lentils in a seperate side bowl. My three cousins aged six and nine years old love feasting on this delicious salad, so we can definitely say that this salad is kid proof.