Did you know that there are many types of cucumbers? Like the Asian spiny cucumber that is suitable for warm and stir-fry dishes? This recipe is a feast to the eyes and the combination of cucumber and the crunchy peanut topping is a match made in heaven. A great dish for a party!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice the cucumbers in half lengthways and use a teaspoon to scrape out the seeds.
- Finely chop the garlic. Chop the spring onion into rings. Coarsely chop the prawns.
- Grate the green zest of the lime and then squeeze the lime to obtain the juice. Coarsely chop the peanuts.
- Mix the panko together with the garlic, onion, prawns, lime zest, peanuts and sambal. Add salt and lime juice to taste.
- Stuff the cucumbers with the mixture, place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and drizzle oil over them.
- Bake the cucumbers for approx. 15 min. until they are tender. Garnish with the extra peanuts and the shiso cress.