I present my proposal for a salad this month. This is a very simple idea, but healthy and delicious! and as always, also very colourful :) Apples are rich in vitamins and minerals, which makes it one of the most beneficial fruits for our health just as the saying ... "an apple a day , keeps the doctor away ..." This salad is perfect for a dinner for two, and I'm sure you will love it :)
1. Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing in a bowl 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 of vinegar, a dash of honey and a pinch of salt. Beat with a fork (or shake) until emulsified
2. Wash well and spin dry the mixed lettuce leaves
3. Crack the nuts (or use ready to eat walnut pieces)
4. Wash the apple and cut into slices (unpeeled). Note do this just before serving as the apple can go brown
5. Mix all ingredients (lettuce, apples, nuts and raisins) and add the vinegar (note the acid in vinegar dressing will prevent the oxidation of the apple)
Tips from the author
My suggestion uses an unpeeled apple, for its high content ursolic acid, which in addition to promoting muscle growth and reduce muscle wasting, inhibits the development of tumors in the skin, is an anti-inflammatory, stimulates hair growth, strengthens collagen skin helping the skin more elastic and therefore reducing wrinkles, reduces blood glucose and blood cholesterol, ultimately, it is much better to eat apples with skin. But it is also true that many people are allergic to the skin of the apple.
Raisins and nuts are also very healthy, since the former have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and the latter are great for preventing cardiovascular diseases.