5 tips to eat salads for breakfast!
As a team united by our love for salads, we were thrilled to discover an exciting new trend amongst foodies and bloggers: eating salad for breakfast! We regularly eat salad for lunch and dinner, so why not breakfast? A salad in the morning can provide just the right mix of healthy fats, protein and nutrients to keep you feeling full and energetic until lunch time. What a great way to kickstart your “five a day”!
The combinations for a simple breakfast salad are endless. We are sure it will become a new morning addiction. Here are a few easy ideas to get you started.
- Avocado slices, tomato chunks and hardboiled eggs
- Fresh spinach, sliced strawberries, almonds and cottage cheese
- Corn salad or your favourite salad leaves, sweet potato, dried cranberries and poppy seeds with a dash of olive oil
- A traditional Italian caprese: sliced tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella with olive oil
- Baby spinach, red grapes, walnuts and a squeeze of honey
- Cherry tomatoes, melon and cucumber with mint leaves
To build your own breakfast salad, here are 5 tips:
- Include healthy fats like nuts, avocado or olive oil
- Add protein, like eggs, beans or cheese for variety
- Throw in a big portion of veg like lettuce and raw veggies for nutrients and colour
- Want an extra kick of long lasting energy? Add brown rice, lentils or quinoa
- Don’t forget to make use of leftovers as a base for your morning salad project
Suggestions of breakfast salads on Love my Salad:
|Roasted pepper toast||Melon salad with figs||Watermelon feta salad|
What do you think about eating salad for breakfast? For more inspirational ideas, take a look at our special breakfast section. Breakfast salads handpicked for you to try!