These mini vegetarian quiches are filled with colourful chunky vegetables, it works as a starter, for dinner when served with a salad on the side. Even the day after it is a great option for lunch, cold tastes as good as warm.
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Brush 4 mini tart or quiche tins with oil.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out 1 piece of dough on a floured surface until it is larger than the diameter of the tin.
- Unroll the pastry on top of the tart tin, then use your hands to lower the pastry into the corners of the tin, pressing it into the edges.
- Mix together the tomatoes, onions, peas and basil. Spoon the vegetable mixture into the pastry cases.
- Whisk the eggs in a large jug and stir in the cheese and cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese and cream mixture over the vegetables and bake for 30-35 minutes until the filling is set.