Don't you like to offer something good when you invite friends over? How many times do we start the evening with a bowl of chips? This classic salad is what I consider a perfect starter. It's fresh, easy and a great way to start the conversation. My version adds red onion, which I find offers a sharp contrast to the sweet, juicy tomato and the somewhat bland Mozzarella.
- It takes literally 5 minutes to put this impressive starter together. You can serve it on a sharing plate, but why not go one step further and give your guests their own mini plate. (It helps to catch the drips too!)
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and bocconcini balls in half and add to the plate. Top with a small handfull of basil leaves.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad.
- Have some crusty bread on hand to soak up the dressing.
- Now turn up the music and it's time to party. Home made Pizza for the main course? Nah ... we'll just order them in!