Try this winter warming salad, I love it - quick, easy and full of different nutty flavours. Butternut pumpkin is one of the most versatile vegetables to use in winter. Its creamy texture and delicious taste will transform any salad into comfort food that satisfies. For extra creaminess and crunch in this salad I love to add some of my favourite toppings, a nice feta cheese and some toasted pine nuts.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C. Place the pumpkin onto an oven tray and mix in the 100ml of olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven for 25-35 minutes turning every now and then until golden brown. Take out of the oven and let rest until warm.
- For the dressing, take a 1 litre pot and add the honey and place onto a medium flame. Bring the honey to boil then add the vinegar and reduce by a quarter.
- Add the remaining 100ml of olive oil and bring back to the boil. Take off heat. Quickly stir in the drained currants and pine nuts and keep at room temperature.
- While the pumpkin is warm place into a mixing bowl and add five tablespoons of the pine nut dressing, mix in some of the feta and spinach and present on a plate as you wish.
- To finish sprinkle over the top the almonds and pumpkin seeds.
Tips from the author
Serves four or more as a main or dish to share. Dressing can keep for two months in an airtight container in the cupboard for later use.