The soft, fresh juiciness of the Cantaloupe melon is ideal in a variety of delicious cold dishes. It is the perfect counterpart to a spicy or creamy dish and can calso steal the show in a fresh salad. That makes this melon a very convenient ingredient to cook with.
In this recipe we use the Cantaloupe melon to make a lovely sweet salsa as a filling for our spicy prawn wraps. The prawns are marinated in ginger and garlic an flavored wih chili flakes. To make this prawn wrap extra creamty, we also filled it with avocado. All that deliciousness on a crispy fried wrap, what more could you want?
- Peel the prawn. Peel and finely grate the fresh ginger. Cut or crush the garlic clove. Mix the garlic and ginger in a large bowl with the prawn, olive oil, lemon juice and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let marinate.
- In the meantime, cut the Cantaloupe melon into small cubes. Do the same with the cucumber and tomatoes. Drain the corn. Chop the red onion. Then mix the melon, cucumber, tomatoes, corn and red onion in a large bowl with the lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the flavors to infuse.
- Peel 1 of the 2 avocados and put them in a tall measuring cup along with the sour cream. Blend with a hand blender until creamy and season with salt and pepper. Cut the other avocado into thin, half slices.
- Prepare tortillas according to package directions or grill them on a grill pan until they have brown grill marks.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over high heat and fry the prawn in it for a few minutes on all sides until golden brown and cooked.
- Your prawn wraps with melon salsa and avocado are ready to be served!