This salad with little gem (baby cos), cherry tomatoes and avocado is easy to prepare and delicious in taste. My ‘little bateau’ salad can be eaten as a side dish or served as small snacks during a party.
- Cut off the bottom of the little gem lettuce and carefully take the leaves off
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half
- Cut or tear the mozzarella in small pieces
- Cut the avocado in small pieces
- Slowly roast the pine nuts in a grill pan until they have a nice brown/gold color
- Divide the little gem leafs on a white plate and fill every leaf with parts of tomato, mozzarella, avocado and pine nuts
- Sprinkle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the little gem leaves and flavour with pepper and salt
- Garnish with some fresh basil leaves
Tips from the author
Delicious as a healthy snack to share for up to 4 people at a brunch or buffet!
Bon appétit !