Do you have vegetables that need to be cooked and are looking for inspiration? This vegetable frittata recipe can be adapted to just about any vegetable sitting in your fridge or pantry, and frittatas are perfect for any meal of the day! Seasoned with parsley and infused with garlic, nothing is more easy or satisfying. For extra vegetables to accompany this dish, serve it with a cucumber salad and grilled tomatoes.
- In a pot, add the diced to boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat the oil in the pan on the stove top. Add potato, onion, zucchini and garlic and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl, add 1 tbsp of water and beat lightly. Season with parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables turn the heat to low, allowing the egg mixture to cook slowly for about 10 minutes.
- Allow the frittata to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips from the author
Frittata can be enjoyed cold as well - perfect for a packed lunch!