The cos lettuce in this salad carries the dressing well, holding its structure and crunch. It is a filling salad that can be enjoyed either as a meal or a side.
Boil soba noodles for approximately 3 minutes until al dente then refresh immediately in cold water (to stop them cooking). Strain and refrigerate.
Julienne nori sheets (cut into match sticks).
- Combine the mayonnaise and the toasted sesame dressing.
- Separately whisk the soy, sugar, & lemon juice until sugar dissolves.
- Dress the noodles with the soy, sugar & lemon mixture.
- Pile noodles on a flat serving plate.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lettuce, bean shoots, and the carrot ribbons with the mayonnaise dressing. Mix by hand until all ingredients are well coated. Pile on top of the noodles.
- Top with nori and scattered peanuts.
Tips from the author
This salad is best served chilled.