Soft goat cheese and tender beets are the perfect duo in this bright salad. This salad is full of goodness and if you prefer to use less ingredients, read in the additional information how easy it is to make small changes and still have an all-star salad on your plate!
- Place the beets in a large saucepan and add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Place pot under running cold water and let rinse until beets can be handled. The skins can now be easily peeled off.
- Slice the beets.
- Peel and slice the pear.
- Roast the hazelnuts and leave aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: Put the lemon juice in a saucepan and whisk with the olive oil, mustard and honey. Bring to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the arugula on the plates, add the beets, pear and crumble the goat cheese on top and garnish the salad with the mint and hazelnuts.
- Drizzle the dressing on your salad. Enjoy your meal!
Tips from the author
Do you want to use less ingredients?
Leave out the mint and pear and the salad is still very tasty. Instead of hazelnuts use walnuts, pecan nuts or pistache nuts.