This Italian rocket salad is great to serve when you are having guests over, because it looks delicious and restaurant style. The flavours are very pure and Italian. Use good quality ingredients to really do this salad justice. Make sure that the rocket is beautifully green and crispy. Have the Pancetta cut thinly, so that the slices will turn crispy when you fry them. A nice addition would be some toasted bread.
- Gently wash the rocket in ample water and drain it.
- Cut the onions into slices and put them in a casserole. Sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar generously, and add the sugar and some pepper and salt. Fry the unions in the oven at 200°C and stir after ten minutes.
Grill thin slices of zucchini in a very hot grill pan. When the slices have cooled, sprinkle them with olive oil.
- Fry the thin slices of Pancetta in a frying pan until they are nice and crispy.
- When all ingredients have cooled off, mix everything carefully in a bowl. Keep some onions, pancetta and zucchini apart.
- Divide the salad onto plates and garnish with the remaining onion, pancetta and zucchini.
- Shred some Parmesan over the salad and add a bit of nuts as finishing touch.
Tips from the author
Tip: Use the olive oil and balsamic from the fried onions as extra dressing. If you like, add some more from the bottle.