We all know and appreciate a good egg salad sandwich. But have you discovered this twist? Replace some eggs with yellow bell peppers. The colour matches perfectly, adding a fresh, crunchy note to your salad, plus upping your daily vegetable intake. The yellow egg salad combines beautifully with the deep dark colour of the Lollo Rossa. A feast for the eyes as well! Combined with this gorgeous lettuce, this egg salad sandwich with a twist is so delicious, you simply must try it!
- Boil the eggs until hard. Then peel and chop them finely. Remove the stem and seeds from the pepper and dice the flesh. Cut the chives as finely as possible.
- In a frying pan with a little oil, fry the pine nuts until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, mix the curry powder with the yogurt, mayonnaise, eggs, bell pepper, and half the chives and pine nuts. Season the egg salad with salt and pepper.
- Slice the buns in half and place a lettuce leaf on both lower halves. Divide the egg salad over these. Garnish with the rest of the pine nuts and chives.
- Place the top halves on the buns and your done, the egg salad sandwich with Lollo Rossa is ready to be served!