Who doesn't love an easy flammkuchen, or tarte flambée, with lots of veggies? This Sweet Palermo flammkuchen is a perfect family meal which can be shared among all family members. Topp it with some fresh rucola and burrata and you're sure to have something to impress at the table.
- Remove the oven tray from the oven. And preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wash and cut the Sweet Palermos into rings and remove the seeds. Roll Flammkuchen dough with paper on a baking tray. Using the back of a spoon, spread the creme fraiche over the bottom of the dough. Do leave 1 cm of the edges free.
- Then place the Sweet Palermo rings on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Subsequently, put the Flammkuchen in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes until the dough is golden brown and the Sweet Palermo is soft.
- Meanwhile, fry the raw ham slices on medium-high heat until crispy in a frying pan. Mix the pesto with some olive oil, until it is a little more liquid. And then pick the burrata into pieces. Remove the Flammkuchen from the oven, drizzle the pesto oil on top. And divide the burrata pieces, baked ham and rocket over the Flammkuchen. For any spicy bite, you can add some chilli flakes on top.
Tips from the author
Love this recipe? Then definitely check out this tomato and tuna flatbread pizza!