What's better than firing up the barbecue and creating new salad combinations with a bunch of friends on Australia Day? This salad is inspired by a friend's husband who wanted something different - a more tasty 'man' salad.
- Heat barbecue or grill.
- Drizzle or brush the cut side of the lettuce hearts with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Barbecue haloumi cheese, capsicum, eggplant and zucchini. Season to taste.
- Place Cos on barbecue, cut side down for about 10-15 seconds.
- Remove and arrange on a platter, barbecued side up.
- Top with barbecued vegetables and cheese.
- Serve whilst hot and top with a spoonful of hommus to your liking.
Tips from the author
A salad for four people to share either as an entree or to accompany your main. Alternatively, this is a big hearty salad for two.