These crostini's with ricotta, cherry tomatoes and pistachio pesto are perfect to serve on a party or to snack during the weekend!
Did you know that pesto is not always made with pine nuts and basil? Practically every nut and every leaf (rocket, cilantro, parsley, spinach) is suitable for a pesto. This pesto is made with the lovely Italian pistachio, it gives your pesto a much more intense flavour.
- Boil a pot of water, pour in the pistachios and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain, remove the peel and pour into a mixer.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, parmesan, basil, lemon zest and blend for a few seconds.
- Add water, salt, pepper and blend for a few moments until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Heat the bread in a toaster until golden brown.
- Spread the ricotta and season with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes, cut in half and divide on slices of bread.
- Season with pistachio pesto. Serve with chopped pistachios and parsley.