These crostini's with ricotta, cherry tomatoes and pistachio pesto are perfect to serve at a party or to snack on during the weekend!
Did you know that pesto is not always made with pine nuts and basil? Practically every nut and every leaf [rocket, coriander (cilantro), parsley, spinach] is suitable for a pesto. This pesto is made with the lovely Italian pistachio, it gives your pesto a much more intense flavour.
- Boil a pot of water, pour in the pistachios and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain, remove the peel and pour into a mixer.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, parmesan, basil, lemon zest and blend for a few seconds.
- Add water, salt, pepper and blend for a few moments until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Heat the bread in a toaster until golden brown.
- Spread the ricotta and season with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes, cut in half and divide on slices of bread.
- Season with pistachio pesto and serve with chopped pistachios and parsley.