The culture of Tapas has well and truly hit the mainstream. The Spanish way of serving bite-sized appetisers over an evening drink is almost custom-made for Summer gatherings. These cocktail delights balance juicy red tomatoes and watermelon tied together with a sophisticated twist. Served with mint and lightly seasoned to perfection, they’re bound to go down a treat with your guests. Be prepared to make more once they all disappear before your eyes.
- Cut the watermelon into slices 1.5-2 cm thick.
- Remove the skin and cut slices into neat cubes (1.5 x 1.5 cm approx).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Transfer the cherry tomatoes and watermelon cubes into a large bowl, drizzle over the olive oil and add a pinch of sea salt. Toss lightly to combine.
- Stack the watermelon, cherry tomatoes and mint leaves on a cocktail stick, creating mini bite-sized tapas.
- Arrange nicely on a platter to share.