Do you use celeriac often? This is an easy recipe for a simple but tasty salad with this very nice vegetable. You only need a few ingredients, including celeriac of course. A fresh salad for lunch, on toast or as a nice starter!
- Cut the celery neatly and rinse it. Also rinse the cutting board.
- Divide the celeriac into two halves with a large knife and then cut very thin slices. Cut these slices into very thin strips again. (You can also grate the celery.)
- Take a large bowl and mix the celeriac with the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, juice of half a lemon and some salt and pepper. Mix everything well and taste! You may need to add some salt and pepper to flavor it nicely.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Chop the onions (not too small) and mix in an oven dish with a generous spoonful of sugar, a dash of vinegar, a dash of olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Roast this in the oven until the onion is translucent and the edges of the onion start to color. The brown edges provide a nice savory taste. This takes about half an hour, but check in between to make sure that the whole is not going too fast.
- Let it cool down.
- Then roast the pumpkin- or sunflower seeds with some salt and pepper and a small dash of olive oil until golden brown at the same temperature (4 to 5 minutes).
- Finely chop some iceberg lettuce and place it in a salad bowl. Spoon over the celeriac salad and then some roasted onions and roasted seeds.
Tips from the author
This salad is also delicious with a few slices of roast beef or fricandeau. A nice starter for the holidays!
Enjoy your meal!