This recipe for broad bean cream with marinated cherry tomatoes, basil and crispy bread with aromatic herbs is to die for and very nutritious. A good alternative for your morning granola.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them into wedges.
- Put them in a bowl with 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, the peeled garlic clove, salt and pepper, thyme, lemon zest and leave to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Pour the previously peeled broad beans into a mixer with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 50ml of water, salt and pepper.
- Blend until you get a smooth cream. If necessary, add more water to make the cream more fluid.
- Put the broad bean cream in a pastry bag and fill the aperitif glasses up to halfway.
- Divide the cherry tomatoes over the broad bean cream and start heating 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Once hot, add the crumbled stale bread crumbs (you can blend them briefly or break them up with your hands) and brown while stirring.
- Serve the little glasses of broad bean cream with crispy breadcrumbs and fresh basil.