After a cool, sunny day spent biking, coming home to a good shower and a light, refreshing salad is a great feeling. Believe me, this salad is as easy as opening and serving. In just a few minutes you will enjoy an original and surprising combination. We often eat this salad during summer when our giant blackberry bush in our garden begins to consistently bear fruit and combine them with blueberrries to create a spectacular "black and blue" berry salad. What a treat. I hope you enjoy this pretty and healthy combination :)
- Wash corn salad leaves and dry them well. While I always like to use a salad spinner, if you do not have one, just dry with paper towels.
- Wash the blackberries and blueberries and drain well.
- Arrange the lettuce and berries on a plate and set aside until ready to serve.
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients and whisk until emulsified.
- Serve with the dressing on the side so that everyone may add the dressing to their liking.
Tips from the author
As the warm weather arrives in spring we like to go on bicycle rides. Biking is a wonderful sport and once you have learned it as a child it is never forgotten ;) Seriously though, it is very easy and it does not matter how fit you are as you get to set the pace according to your own level - before you even notice, you're doing more kilometres than you would ever have imagined. We usually end up in rural areas, which in this part of Southern Spain tend to lead to the sea. That refreshes us and fills us with energy and great happiness :)
We usually leave pretty early in the morning and almost without realizing it, get back home when it is nearly lunchtime. Time flies when your having fun.