These stuffed savoy cabbage leaves can be served as a wrap or as a juicy vegetable garnish. With their strong green leaves and bright red filling, they make a perfect Christmas meal.
- Wash and clean the savoy cabbage leaves and blanch them in boiling salted water for 3–4 minutes, rinse with cold water, remove and pat dry.
- Spread out the leaves on the work surface. Flatten the thick leaf ribs of the leaves flat or cut them out.
- Peel garlic and chop finely.
- Cut the onion into small cubes.
- Halve, seed, wash and chop the peppers.
- Heat the oil in a wide pan. Steam the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes at medium heat. Add the peppers, stirring again and again. Season with paprika and chilli flakes.
- Cut boiled and peeled beetroot tubers into fine sticks.
- Add to the pan and sauté over medium heat, stirring continuously, for about 5 minutes. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Season with tomato paste.
- Cut the feta cheese into small pieces.
- Spread the pepper, beetroot and feta on the savoy cabbage leaves. Gently fold the opposite sides of the leaves and roll them up into roulades and fix with wooden sticks if desired.
Tips from the author
The savoy cabbage wraps also taste delicious braised in a tomato sauce!