A great starter salad, grilled sweet pointed pepper with prawns and romaine lettuce.
- For the aioli, mix all the ingredients together (named in section dressing ingredients).
- Chop the peppers coarsely and fry them briefly at a high temperature until dark patches develop on the skin. Then add the prawns and fry them briefly until they turn pink. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Arrange some romaine lettuce on each plate; use the innermost leaves since these are the tastiest
- Mix the prawns, pointed pepper, celery, parsley, red pepper and shallot in a dish and season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange this on the plates and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice
- Serve with the aioli.
Tips from the author
Extra fancy? Add a tomato bruschetta:
- 4 slices of rustic bread
- 1 tomato, without juice and seeds, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 dessert spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Rub the chopped tomato, garlic and olive oil onto the bread and toast it in the oven until golden brown. Bring to taste with salt and pepper.