So simple, yet so delicious. We can't describe these roasted red cabbage steaks with BBQ glaze any better than that. Prepared this way (almost) everyone likes red cabbage! We dare to promise that. The delicious slightly spicy BBQ glaze, the caramelization from the oven bake, topped off by the earthy taste of the roasted red cabbage: we are huge fans! Tip: this works perfectly on the barbeque too, it will create a lovely smoke flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Halve the red cabbage and cut each half into 4-5 slices. Place the slices on the lined baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix the BBQ sauce with the sweet chilli sauce, sriracha, and honey and drizzle this sauce over the red cabbage steaks. Bake them in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the red cabbage is soft. While baking, check that the marinade does not get too dark. If it is starting to darken, cover the red cabbage steaks with aluminium foil.
- Garnish the red cabbage steaks with cress before serving and add extra BBQ sauce or another dipping sauce.
- Time to serve your roasted red cabbage with BBQ glaze!