You love 'em or hate them... Opinions on Brussels sprouts are divided. But have you ever tried roasting them in the oven? Oven roasted Brussels sprouts acquire a different flavour. Richer and, through the caramelisation, sweeter, these sprouts develop a lovely texture with a crisp bite. These balsamic Brussel sprouts, together with cranberries and pecan nuts, make a delicious side dish or when cooled a tasty salad!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Trim off the nubby ends of the Brussels sprouts and peel off the outer leaves.
- Halve the Brussels sprouts and place in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and shake the dish so that all Brussels sprouts are coated with a layer of oil. Place a few sprigs of thyme in the baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the Brussels sprouts in the oven for about 20 minutes and add the cranberries for the last 5 minutes. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
- Coarsely chop the pecans and sprinkle over the Brussels sprouts before serving.